- It is possible that this episode was inspired from the TV show Get Smart in the episode The Day When Smart Turned Chicken, in which the main protagonist, Maxwell Smart, known as Agent 86, is fooled by the antagonists, KAOS, to look insane in front of everyone.
- Top Chief (as shown on the apron The Chief wears) is obviously a parody of Top Chef.
- The dancer outfits are most likely a reference to the uniforms Team Voltron wears in the classic 1984 anime Voltron.
- Snaptrap had also come up with names for the team: General Periwinkle (Verminious Snaptrap), Professor Pink (Larry), Dr. Purple (Ollie), and Unknown (Francisco).
- This episode hints that Kitty cares about Dudley more than a friend.
- Dudley's hypno forms: A woodpecker, a princess, a pirate, (due to Snaptrap) and a karate-chopping super dog (thanks to Kitty).
- First time characters get hypnotized.
- Injuries caused by Dudley: 12 (he injured the D.O.O.M. agents twice).
- Keswick's stutter was used as a method to convey a double entendre (a joke with double meanings both for adults and children): Keswick says the pies The Chief makes taste like "sh-sh-shoes", which could easily be interpreted as "sh-sh-sh**".
- At the beginning of the episode, when the Snapbot was destroying Petropolis, there was a fishbowl on top of a building that looks like Cosmo and Wanda's fishbowl house from another Butch Hartman series, The Fairly OddParents.
- When Keswick gets hypnotized into a pirate princess, he yells "Hi-Gee-Gee!". This is really Dudley's favorite catchphrase.
- Look closely: When The Chief calls a meeting in his office, Agent Jumbo can be seen in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Taco Town is a parody of Taco Bell.
- "Puppaccinos" are parodies of cappuccinos.
- The way that Dudley and Keswick spaz out every time they are hypnotized may be a reference to how Denzel Crocker from The Fairly OddParents (another Butch Hartman show), spazzes out when he mentions "FAIRY GODPARENTS!"
- Ollie and Kitty's arm casts are both set in a way that makes them look like they are raising their hand to speak. Both Snaptrap and The Chief are fooled.
- Snaptrap is allergic to cheese, yet when he is eating a taco, you can see cheese coming out of his mouth.
- Kitty was able to tell Dudley that he's a karate fighter even though it was Snaptrap who hypnotized him.
- Snaptrap's e-mail hypnotized Keswick even though it specifically said "Dudley Puppy".
- Snaptrap said his new name is "General Periwinkle" even though that's not the color he's wearing (he was actually wearing blue, though periwinkle is also a type of blue).
- Near the end of the episode, when Keswick tells Kitty that he has unhypnotized Dudley, Kitty is missing her tail.